Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ch 7. Fever discussion

As I read Ch 7. of fever I came across a paragraph that caught my attention. I came across a paragraph that mentioned Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroes secret relationship. As I continued on with the paragraph it was revealed to be untrue. The reason they said this in the book was because when Elvis became the king of rock n roll he was the most imagined star to be compatible with the late marilyn monroe. There never was a real relationship but the public liked to imagine that there was. The reason for this is because Elvis was the only man that was seen like he could handle Monroes sexual attitude. I thought this was interesting because fans today still worship fans and constantly think about them. Celebrities has become such a large part of our society and it is interesting to know it has always been this way.

No comments: