Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Interview with two seniors

I recently had the opportunity to interview two seniors from San Jose State. Their names are Greg and Shafique and they both happen to be in my bowling class so it was easy to get a hold of them. I asked them if they could sit down and answer a few questions one day after class. They agreed to my request so I recorded their responses.
I first asked both how their college experience has been since it is coming to an end. 

Greg responded, "My college experience has been great. It was everything that I expected and I don't regret anything."

Shafique said, "College has been great for me too, but I wish I could have been more involved my freshman year."

I then asked if they ever thought about or actually changed their major. They both told me that they never changed it. Greg wants to become a physical therapist and Shafique is majoring in civil engineering. Shafique told me that he did think about changing it, but he stuck with it and he is glad that he didn't change it.
I continued my questions and asked them what they would do differently if they had the chance. Greg went on by telling me he would of studied harder in college. There was a few classes that he slacked on by not studying and it effected him in the future. Shafique could not think of anything he would of done differently. I then decided to ask them what advice they could give me. Shafique told me to get involved and be social. Greg simply responded, " Just be cool."
After the interview ended I asked Greg what he meant when he said that to me. He better defined his response by telling me to keep my priorities straight before anything. Remember that school comes first, and then party after. I understood him better when he told me that.





1 comment:

camccune said...

That sounds like good advice.