Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Non-Muse Event

I am required to attend one non-muse event on campus for my sex, drugs, and rock n' roll. I decided to attend a concert and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I attended a concert in which The Roots, Gym Class Heroes, and Estelle performed. I personally like all these artists, but especially the roots. I am so lucky to have been able to see them all in concert. The first artist that came in was Estelle, who isn't really a favorite, but I must admit she gave a great performance. She ended up performing "American Boy" which is the only song I like from her which pleased me very much. The next act up was Gym Class Heroes, who were great. I recognize their songs much more and it so much fun listening to them live. The Roots came on after them and they are one of my favorite bands. I got so excited when they came out that I began screaming their name. The best part was that they brought out a special guest that no on knew about. The special guest was Mos Def, a well respected rapper/actor. I happen to enjoy his music, so that ended up making my night. The cost of the ticket-twenty four dollars, the cost of a water- three dollars, the excitement that came upon my face when the roots came on stage- priceless.