Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Academic Transformation 1-6,7

6. What do you envision to be your life's work? Is it different from what you may currently be experiencing? How does (or will) work give meaning and purpose to your quality world.

I envision myself to be a successful person wherever my life takes me. Currently I believe I am pursuing just that. I am attending San Jose State and am Majoring in civil engineering. My dream is to graduate and to get a good job as that. The only thing driving me to do that is my will. Work/will is very important because one must have it to succeed.

7. Select two trends from table 1.1. How could they be important to you during your professional career?

I think A. would be very important to me because it deals with the percentage change of students enrolling  in degree-granting institutions. I would rather have students that graduated with a degree to come work for me instead of laborers who didn't even go to college. I think D. is most important because D. deals with retention rates by type of institution and by enrollment status for 1998. I think this one is important because I would rather have a 4 year graduate than a 2 year graduate working by my side.

No comments: