Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Academic Transformation exercise 1.2

1. Brainstorm a list of at least three outcomes you would like to accomplish within the next six months.
1. Learn to play guitar
2. Get a job
3. Continue my college career

2. Give a brief reason next to each item on your list.

1. I already play the ukulele and i figure guitar is the next step.
2. I need money.
3. because i fucking wanna.

3. From the list create one goal that you could accomplish within the next few months.

I could learn to play the guitar in the next few months.

4. Set a plan of action (at least three strategies/specific behaviors) to help you complete this goal.

I need to be dedicated, persistent, and practice every day.

5. Design a method to track the chosen behaviors you are doing.

I could record my practice days in a journal.

6. Evaluate your progress weekly for you go

7. Make changes and adjustments as needed after you evaluate your progress.

1 comment:

camccune said...

OK, but "continue my college career" is too general for this exercise.

Now, if you'd said you wanted to pass all your classes with a "B" this semester -- that would be specific enough to work for this exercise.

"Because I f---ing wanna" isn't much of a reason. Sorry. That's not gonna cut it here.

Practicing daily, and recording your practice times in a journal, are good ideas.