Friday, October 24, 2008

Lets Talk About DRUGS!


Many refuse to believe that drugs is a part of our culture today. Drugs has been in the mainstream since the 1960's. Even though drugs are illegal people still find ways to get high. Drugs are very intense and once it gets you hooked it could be nearly impossible to stop using. People will go to extraordinary lengths to get high and it is sad that some have gotten to that point. At this rate drugs is an everlasting circle that will never end. People become addicts to easily and cannot stop.
As a college freshman the availability of drugs has increased. I know many that use drugs and have been offered plenty times before. I quickly learned in high school that marijuana is the most common drug out there. I did not realize how many actually use this drug and the reason for that is because it is socially acceptable. I have friends that occasionally smoke marijuana or cigarettes and no one minds. Basically any drug that is grown from the ground and/or alcohol is seen as normal. Once people begin to get involved with cocaine, heroine, meth, pcp, prescription pills, ecstasy, or any other narcotic then it is tabooed. Not too many people do these type of drugs, and when I find out people do I try to stay away from them. The reason I stay away is so there is no chance to be peer pressured to try any of that stuff. These drugs are also habit forming, very expensive, and has short and long term effects. Drugs could be a dangerous thing that everyone needs to be aware of even if you don't use it.

1 comment:

camccune said...

I was surprised to hear that some of the "harder" drugs are available at SJSU. I'm glad you've got a plan to avoid that stuff. Good move.