Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Four Year Plan


I have certain plans for myself in the future. There is a certain picture that I have in my head of how I would like my life to turn out. It is sometimes difficult to do this because one also has to consider the realistic aspect. You cannot dream to big because we all have to come to the reality that life may not turn out the way we wanted. Therefore, it is much easier to plan a couple of years ahead instead of planning your life when your 30. So I have decided to plan as best as I can the next four years of my life.
I am a new student at San Jose State University so I plan to spend at least the next four years of my life in school. I plan on staying in school until I graduate with a degree in whatever major I choose. Wether it's civil engineering or a career in film. Now I am technically a civil engineer major at the moment, but I am still unsure if that is the career I want to pursue. I am interested in business as well as film. To do that I need to make sure to at more than 12 credits per semester to graduate within 4 years.
Since I plan on being in school I could tell you that plan on doing well. My goal is to receive a good GPA during my time here so I could have a chance to go to graduate school for my masters, if i ever need one. I plan on keeping my options open to anything that could better my future or career. For example this upcoming summer I would love to intern at a civil engineering company to see what it would be like if i ever decided to choose that as my career. I don't know where my life is going to take me, but I just hope everything will eventually fall into place. 

1 comment:

camccune said...

This is a good start, but I'd like you to be more specific about the steps you'll need to take to accomplish our goals. We'll talk tomorrow in class.