Monday, October 6, 2008

Quote from All Shook Up



"Elvis in the army, Buddy Holly dead, Little Richard in the ministry, Jerry Lee Lewis in disgrace, and Chuck Berry in jail"
-All Shook Up by Glenn C. Altschuler
I found this quote on the 6th chapter of All Shook Up and it caught my attention. This particular chapter is title as "The day the music died" and caught my attention. The reason this caught my attention is because I don't agree with the quote at all. Despite all the tragedy this quote entitles it is still a false statement. Rock n' roll did not die that day, because the music continues to life on today. The music that was made during these two decades was remarkable and cannot be compared to any other time in our music history. The music in this time period made such an impact to society and happened during such hard times in the United States. Now to say that Rock n' Roll died that day is ridiculous. That music is everlasting, I say this because it is still popular among many people today.
I am still a fan of 50's and 60's Rock n' Roll because I was raised on listening to this type of music. I will continue to listen because to me this music will never die. As the years pass music will keep influencing people in different ways. The sound might change throughout the years, but the impact it makes will never change.

1 comment:

camccune said...

You're right -- rock 'n' roll certainly took a hit that day, but it didn't die.

Writing note: Avoid being repetitive. You tell me three times that this quote caught your attention; once is enough.