Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Music Memories #2

I have recently shared with all of you my musical history. So because of this I have decided to research a family members musical history and see what truths I could uncover. I decided to choose my father since he has always seemed to like the music world more than my mother. He was also the one who introduced me to oldies since that was all he listened to when I was younger. My father raised me on this genre of music and that is why i still listen to it today.
So I called my father and I asked him a few questions about what kind of music he listened to. His answers did not surprise me. He mentioned all the songs and artists that I would listen to when I was young. His list had everyone from: The Beach boys, Elvis Presley, The Begees, The Beatles, and Freddy Fender. There were many more that he mentioned, but those were his favorite ones. He told me that he still listens to this music whenever he gets a chance. He also is a big fan of spanish music. I couldn't really tell you the artists or song titles because I don't know a thing about that. It seems he liked the American music more than the Spanish.
That was a surprising fact that I discovered, but it wasn't the most surprising thing I found out. I also found out that when he was young his favorite hobby was to go to disco clubs. He told me he used to dress and act like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever because he was his role model. That was definitely the funniest thing I found out about him. It's strange how you think you know your own father, but in reality you really don't.

1 comment:

camccune said...

I love the part about John Travolta. It's amazing what you can find out if you just ask.

Nice job.